Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tongue Piercing?

Recently, I have been feeling restless, fidgety, maybe even rebellious. I want to do something a bit different, a bit edgy- something out of my comfort zone, which I have been sitting smugly in for quite some time now. Being in my final year at school, I feel its time for a change...

The initial piercing looks terrifying, with the big needle and the all of the wincing faces on youtube, but getting a tongue piercing looks almost fun. On one hand it would be really cool to have a suprise for new friends, something to whip out and start a conversation with, but on the other hand, having a stranger stab through my tongue with a metal bar almost sounds canabalistic.

I would not get one for 'functionality' but for decoration soley. I think its different and weird but arty and cool at the same time. I have two pairs of earings in my lobes and have previously had the top of my cartilige pierced, but it has since grown over due to school not letting me have one, and me forgetting to put an earing in it during weekends.

I have been thinking of getting a tattoo after leaving school, but have come to the decision that a tattoo is too permanent, whereas a peircing can be taken out.

I know tongue piercings will initially hurt.
I know healing takes ages and its hard to talk, eat, breathe.
I know they close up really fast if you leave it out.
I know they are hard to hide from school/work (I wont have to hide it from my parents or from church, their cool with it).


So what do you think? Should I get my tongue pierced?

No comments:

Post a Comment