Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tongue Piercing Day One

Today, I took the plunge and got my tongue pierced!



I had been wanting to get my tongue pierced for a while, but I wasnt ready to go there and get it done- I was just wanting it from afar. I'd watched many video on youtube about tongue piercings and aftercare and things like that, as well as actual piercings. I wanted to get one because I like the look of them and I wanted to do something outragious and rebellious.

So today, after some agitation from parents, I went to the piercing studio and got it pierced with my mother and brother at 4pm. At first, when the needle went through it was painful, maybe twice as painful as getting a needle, with a similar feeling of the needle going through flesh.
I sat down in the chair and my piercer gave me some anticeptic or something to swish around in my mouth for about 30 seconds. After that, he dried my tongue and marked where the piercing was going to go and let me have a look in the mirror. Then he clamped my tongue with forceps and told me to breath in and the out. On my exhale, he pushed the needle through (I'm not sure which direction he pierced it, I was trying not to look) and then pushed the jewellery through. Then he screwed the ball on and I was done! It was very quick, maybe 10, 15 seconds and he explained to me not to eat spicy or hot food and to rinse my mouth out with non-alcoholic mouthwash after eating anything.

It felt very strange having something in my mouth, especcially on the bottom on my mouth, under my tongue. Straight after, I got a slurpie from a 7/11 which helped numb the pain. I had to spoon it into my mouth because it was too painful to suck. It bled a little bit right after as well- so attractive, but stopped once I started eating the slurpie.

I went to the movies with some friends from 5pm-9pm after getting it done. I sucked on free ice from the lolly counter and took some ibuprofin for the pain. The ice helped a lot, reducing the pain and swelling and it took my mind off the pain. A few times the ice got stuck to the metal ball, which felt weird, but it melted off after a few minutes. My friends were making fun of me because I have slight lisp, which is getting worse. I'm not too worred about it, but I'll see how it is tomorrow.

It is now 10pm, 6 hours since the piercing, and my tongue is getting quite swollen and sore. It hurts to move my tongue to talk and swallow and to stick it out of my mouth. The my glands and the muscles all around my mouth are quite sore too. Going to bed tonight, I hope that it's not too sore or stiff tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment