Thursday, August 5, 2010

What to do with a life

What to do with my life. I have so many options, so many choices, so many different pathways.

What do I want to achieve with my life?
Do I want to make lots of money and have lots of stuff?
Do I want to have lots of responsibility being a leader of a company?
Or do I want to have a family and be a really great wife and mother?

University applications opened today in my state, which means that I can put down preferences for which university courses I want to get into. These courses all depend on my final HSC (Higher School Certificate) mark in the form of an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank). This rank is based upon a percentage of my final exam marks and assessments that I have completed throughout the year.

But is university the way? Do I want to study my butt off to get into a university course where I'll have to keep studying for another 4+ years?

I think eventually, university is the go, so that I am employable. But for now, I think I'm happy taking a gap year. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment