Monday, August 16, 2010

Tongue Piercing Day Three

Woke up this morning with dribble all over my face and pillow again and my mouth and tongue was dry because I slept with my mouth open again. It is still quite swollen and I still have quite a strong lisp- it sounds like I have a plate or braces on. My muscles around my mouth have calmed down and it's just sore on my actually piercing now. Underneath my tongue, on the piercing, it had some white discharge, which is normal because the white stuff is trying to create a scab, which it obviously can't because my tongue's too wet.



My tongue's quite swollen still and I can't see the bar yet, just the balls. I'll suck some more ice to keep the swelling down and I'll try not to talk as much as I did yesterday, because I think that irritated it quite alot.

It is now more than 72 hours since the piercing, and it is still quite sore. My lisp is still quite prominent- I'm cutting down my words, so that I don't have to move my mouth as much. I haven't sucked as much ice as I did yesterday, so my tongues still quite swollen.

I managed to eat an up and go, a yogurt and some rice and the tiniest bit of chicken. Eating the rice was so difficult, because usually my tongue would "help" the grains get from my teeth to my throat, so it took me 10 minutes to eat a small bowl of rice. The chicken felt soo good to eat- I hadn't had meat since Saturday lunch, and I'd usually eat meat twice a day. I was feeling quite sad and depressed without much food, but once I had had some decent food, I was almost back to normal. I had to chop it into little strips and put it on my teeth to chew. Chewing was very strange because I had to go very slowly so I wouldn't chew on the piercing or my swollen tongue. It was very satisfying none the less.



I don't know if like my tongue piercing yet. It hurts heaps and its soo irritating because its just relentless, it wont go away. I've actually thought about taking it out, but I'm going to push through. I've come this far, I'm going to stick it out till its healed, and if I still don't like if then, I'll take it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment